Tomorrow's Randoms Today
Randoms for this week:
1. I haven't blogged all week, basically. Why? Who knows? It's just been a week that I haven't felt like it, and since I do have real work to do, I've tried to focus on that. But, I've got some things to do, like a book review I warned you about last week.
Lev 23:13 (ESV)
Now, when you mix flour with oil, you make: GRAVY!!!! So, the grain offering was to be made into gravy?
3. For the record, normal is just a setting on my cell-phone.
4. I have a variety of issues in my life, like allergies and asthma (for which I have consistently been turned down for medical insurance). I've found the culprit for that and for my inability to lose weight. It's a chemical problem. I've realized that the fault lies with oxygen. No, not the TV network, the chemical, typically found in gaseous form, bonded together with itself. Selfish little atom, it really prefers just to hang out with itself. If it weren't for oxygen, I wouldn't have any of the medical issues I have. Bad stuff.
5. I think I'll smack the first person that complains that we need rain, at least through July. By August, I'll understand.
6. I cleaned up my office this week. Next week, I'll clutter it into chaos again. It's a fun cycle.
7. I've got global disaster burnout. Right now, earthquakes, tornadoes, pandemic flus, and all the rest just don't bug me. It's not even a "God's in control, it'll be alright" feeling. It's more like, yeah, whatever...
8. Same thing with the impending collapse of the US Government. I'm not sure we can fix it anymore. We're borrowing 46% of our spending. Do you know how many credit cards I'd need for that? Eeesh...
9. I think E.L. Kersten is an optimist.
10. I wish TBS still showed Braves games. I know it's not the same ownership group anymore, but please. That's part of what built your galactic network!
11. On the same note: I don't get how 'TVLand,' a network built off taking the old reruns that Nickolodeon used to run at night after kid's bedtimes, needs original programming! Seriously. And, by the way, CMT, VH1, MTV, what happened to the music? SciFi, a few new shows, ok, but rerun some classic shows, that's where you got started. Same with Cartoon Network. And is it odd to anyone else that Cartoon Network now runs kids cartoons, while Nickolodeon doesn't run as many?
12. And on the TV thing: CNN Headline News used to run the same thing every 30 minutes, with the headlines updating as the day went through. That's a lot better than Nancy Grace. ESPNews was like a rolling Sportscenter, and that was good. Why do you people have to mess with good programming? Was there really a national outcry for more Bowling?
That's all for this week...