Yesterday, we celebrated the 79th Anniversary of East End Baptist Church. I’m grateful for the heritage of faith we have as a part of the body of Christ.
Morning Sermon: For the Sake of the Future Joshua 22 (audio)
August 30 Homecoming Joshua 22
Text: Joshua 22:10-29
Date & Place:
Title: For the Sake of the Future: Joshua 22
Primary Theological Point: What should we learn? It takes deliberate effort to honor the past, live in the present, and equip the future.
Primary Practical Point: What should we do? Make the effort.
Take Home Action: Write your testimony and share it.
- Setting: Israel after the conquest.
- Events: building of an altar, not for sacrifice but for teaching
- Church: do we honor the past or live in it? Are we equipping the future that we do not even know? Assume the better about your fellow church members and their motives.
- Salvation: Why an altar as a reminder? Because sacrifice is necessary for salvation....
- Mission: Are we thinking about future generations or not?
- Families: Set strange habits.
Post a Comment
To deal with SPAM comments, all comments are moderated. I'm typically willing to post contrary views...but I also only check the list once a day, so if you posted within the last 24 hours, I may not be to it yet.