The outline is weak. Originally, I was going to be preaching Isaiah 65, and changed at the last minute. Well, not quite the last minute. I changed about 3 hours before church. I have changed sermons during the offertory before, but that's pretty rare.
Highlights: sought, found, with joy. Exceeding joy! Worship! For the opportunity to give:
Precious due to rarity
Gifts given to show how much more valuable the receiver is than the gifts
What do we learn:
Gold: wealth of the earth
Frankincense: often used in religion
Myrrh: a burial spice
Like many things, these had multiple uses, but these are some of the main ones.
1. How should I use my earthly wealth in view of the coming of Christ?
2. How should I use my religious life in view of the coming of Christ?
3. How should use my lifespan in view of the coming of Christ?
1. Not everything goes well: The Magi went to the wrong place to begin with
2. Not everyone means well: Herod
3. Not everything ends well: The Magi had to leave a different way
Post a Comment
To deal with SPAM comments, all comments are moderated. I'm typically willing to post contrary views...but I also only check the list once a day, so if you posted within the last 24 hours, I may not be to it yet.