Good Morning! Here is the recap from yesterday. You can click the sermon titles for direct audio downloads or use the embedded players.
I. Morning Sermon: Compromised 1 Kings 20
Compromised: 1 Kings 20 June 22 AM from Doug Hibbard on Vimeo.
II. Evening Sermon: Gods and Ditches 2 Kings 3
Gods and Ditches: June 22 PM from Doug Hibbard on Vimeo.
June 22 AM 1 Kings 20
Background: Invasion/conquest? Nope. Just pressure from outside powers
1. Compromise, but it's not enough
2. Stand up
3. Falter from obedience
1. Never compromise with the world out of fear: you can never compromise enough
2. Never compromise with God on obedience: you can not hide that
3. God remains in control and capable, no matter what the appearance of things
4. God will defend His name, even if that allows sinful kings to remain for a time.
June 22 PM 2 Kings 3
Background: divided kingdom, going to war together against common foe
1. Who are your gods?
A. In peace?
B. In crisis?
2. Are you digging ditches?
3. Application point: if we do not act like we expect God to work, we will not see God work.
1. I do have the rough audio of Sunday Night’s Q&A session, but I’m not sure yet that it’s useful for posting.
2. I am not sure how to improve video quality with the current equipment.
3. If you want to subscribe, here’s a list:
A. iTunes for audio subscription link is here.
B. General Audio RSS feed for other programs is here.
C. If you’re a Stitcher User, the link is here
D. For Vimeo Video, subscribe to this channel: https://vimeo.com/channels/almyrafbc
E. For Youtube Video, subscribe here: https://www.youtube.com/user/dheagle93/
4. Yes, I think I’m not getting a lot of plays on each service or hits on each blog, but in total it’s a decent reach. A social media expert might suggest changes, but this is free-to-cheap, where I have to live right now.
5. Each blog has a “Follow” button and a “Subscribe via Email” option
6. Follow on Facebook: Doug’s Page or the First Baptist Almyra Page
Post a Comment
To deal with SPAM comments, all comments are moderated. I'm typically willing to post contrary views...but I also only check the list once a day, so if you posted within the last 24 hours, I may not be to it yet.