Sermon Wrap-up for March 30
Good morning! Here is the wrap-up from yesterday. Audio and video from both services, then the extended outline for the morning.
March 30: Joshua and His War Record
1.1. Scripture intro
High points in book of Joshua
We are going to take the whole life of Joshua and the events in Israel during his life in view here
Let us serve the Lord with courage and unity, showing our passion for Him
1.4. That's not important right now
Questions that can, and should, be rephrased before being answered.
"Are you for us, or for our enemies?"
"Why did you not go with us?"
1.5. Surely, You Can't Be Serious
1. Circumcise when and where?
2. Conquer Jericho how?
3. Fight for the Gibeonites?
1.6. It's an Entirely Different Kind of Altar
The altar of remembrance
The testimony of history
1.7. Conclusion: All Together
How do we intend to live in covenant with God?
We do not do so alone--note the assembly of Israel at the opening and closing
1.8. Exactly what do you expect us to do?
Work on your connections: 1. What links you to your past? What links you to the heritage of faith? STOP DISHONORING THE PRIOR SERVANTS OF THE LORD.
2. What drives you to the future? MAKE A COMMITMENT TO FOLLOW AS TIMES CHANGE
3. Who are you rejecting from the Lord's Kingdom? NOTE THAT REDEMPTION IS FOR ALL, INCLUDING YOU!
4. What is your goal? A little comfort or a total conquest? GO FOR IT ALL AND DO NOT COMPROMISE!