Before we get started—the news from Las Vegas is horrifying, which is becoming far too common. Do not become hardened to tragedy, even though it keeps happening and life must keep going for every one who isn’t right there in the midst of it.
Here is what you'll find: after each sermon title, there's an "audio" link that allows you to play or download that sermon's audio file. Then there should be an embedded Youtube Link to the sermon.
If you'd like, you can subscribe to the audio feed here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/east-end-baptist-church/id387911457?mt=2 for iTunes users. Other audio feeds go here: http://eebcar.libsyn.com/rss
The video is linked on my personal Youtube Page here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJBGluSoaJgYn6PbIklwKaw?view_as=public
Sermons are stockpiled here: http://www.doughibbard.com/search/label/Sermons
Last night we had Darrel Ray from Arkansas Baptists with us, and he’ll be back next Sunday night. I’m saving his sermons for their own post. And for his permission to post them.
Sunday, October 1 (direct audio)
- Titus, one of Paul's troubleshooters
- Crete--the whole island: Minotaurs and Labyrinths, Cretans and Gluttons, In the Roman province of Cyrenaica, or Cyrene--think Simon of Cyrene. And possibly the extended family of Mark
- Establishing leaders for the churches
- So that Titus can go elsewhere (Dalmatia, perhaps? 2 Timothy 4)
- Pass on what you know
- Learn from others
- Not just sit there waiting your turn
- Or waiting to jump in and criticize
- Recognize that the main mission of the church is to reach the lost and to do so we need to know the Gospel