Sermon Recap: May 25
Another week, another sermon recap.
2 Chronicles 5: Unmeasured Sacrifice
1 Kings 10: Evident Wisdom
1. I do have the rough audio of Sunday Night’s Q&A session, but I’m not sure yet that it’s useful for posting.
2. I am not sure how to improve video quality with the current equipment.
3. If you want to subscribe, here’s a list:
A. iTunes for audio subscription link is here.
B. General Audio RSS feed for other programs is here.
C. If you’re a Stitcher User, the link is here
D. For Vimeo Video, subscribe to this channel: https://vimeo.com/channels/almyrafbc
E. For Youtube Video, subscribe here: https://www.youtube.com/user/dheagle93/
4. Yes, I think I’m not getting a lot of plays on each service or hits on each blog, but in total it’s a decent reach. A social media expert might suggest changes, but this is free-to-cheap, where I have to live right now.
5. Each blog has a “Follow” button and a “Subscribe via Email” option
Morning Outline (sermon doesn’t always quite match it)
1.3. Summary Sentence
The presence of God requires the unmeasured sacrifice.
1.4. Background to Text
The Temple is constructed; built, pretty, a worthy Temple for a worthy God.
Solomon has used the wealth of David and the power of Israel to accomplish this.
1.5. Major Theme in Text
Unmeasured sacrifice: first, for the Presence of God to come.
Unmeasured sacrifice: second, when the Presence of God has come.
1.6. Concepts of the Text
1. We must count the cost and realize that it is beyond measure.
2. We must count that Jesus has fulfilled the need, dying in our place because the blood of sheep and oxen can never take away sin.
3. When God's presence is in the life of the believer, then we are consumed with Him, not our own views.
4. When God's presence is in the life of the church, we set aside our own desire to be "useful" and worship.
5. When God's presence is clear, we know His lovingkindness
Even though it is still just a glimpse
1.7. Application Point
A: Confess our sin--pride, anger, distraction--the call is for us all to come to the presence of God
B: Share the news of the sacrifice: One aspect that we miss here is that some of the "all Israel" that came would have been ceremonially unclean. They needed sacrifice to be able to be in the presence of God.
We are the same way: without the substitution of Jesus for us, we are unclean. Yet the Sacrifice is provided for us and the multitude. It is not about the need but about the abundance of the provision.
C: Release our need to be the powers that be, our need to be in charge, to dominate the schedule. I do not doubt that the singers, the priests, the ministers, and the people all had plans. The presence of God changed their plans
1.2. Summary Sentence
If we are honoring the Lord God in our life, it will be clear to others.
1.3. Background to Text
Background on Sheba/Sabea/Sabellians/
Relationships going forward
1.4. Major Theme in Text
God's wisdom is evident if it is in your life. You cannot hide it.
1.5. Application Point
Gain the wisdom of following the Lord; make it known; share it with others.
Do not neglect God's full truth: