Morning Sermon: Luke 1:26-38
Outline: Luke 1:26-38
I. Christmas is coming...for the first time
1. This is a surprise.
2. An expected surprise, but a surprise nonetheless
3. Often, great things come when it seems just too late.
4. Yet notice the wonder in the situation: marvel, fear, questions
II. Christmas is coming...again.
1. It's no surprise, is it?
2. We actually get kind of bored with it
3. Does that sound right?
III. Christmas is always wonderful
1. ISAIAH 9:6
2. Do not let the repetition lead to dullness
4. You do not have to light lights and prop up trees
5. Clear the gunk from your hearts and heads
Evening Sermon: Luke 1:5-24
How to be ready for Christmas:
1. Serve God as you have been commanded
2. Prayerfully ask God to work
3. Have faith that God is going to work
4. Share the good news---even if forbidden to speak