This Sunday was Easter Sunday, the point on the calendar where we especially mark the Resurrection of Jesus. We did the traditional Sunrise Service as a community, and then had our normal Sunday morning activities at Almyra Baptist.
Here are the links:
Sunrise Service: Mark 16:1-8 (audio)
April 5, 2015 EAM Mark 16:1-8
1. Obstacles--when we are overwhelmed, we tend to fixate on obstacles that we know we can't handle...and that aren't the real problem
It's not the stone that is the problem. It is our own unbelief.
2. Astonishment and fear--do not spend too much time in either of these
Don't be so astonished that you can't get anything done. Don't be so fearful that you never get started!
Celebrate the Resurrection. Let it transform your life---stop fearing that dying to this world will be the end of your life.
It is just the beginning.
Morning Service: John 20:1-20 (audio)
April 5, 2015 John 20:1-18
It is not truly Jesus if there are no scars....
No Christianity without a cross--without suffering
Without the scars, the disciples do not know it is Jesus.
Without the death, there is no resurrection and therefore....what is the benefit in our faith?
1. Christ rose not to deliver us from trouble but to save us from the (Wrath of God)
2. Peace comes from knowing (Jesus is risen), not from outside things
3. Our lives should be filled with (rejoicing) even in uncertain times
4. Since Christ is risen indeed, let us go and (announce) the news to all!
As a bonus, I thought I’d link this video. Sarah Darling is one of my favorite voices in country music, and here’s her singing the first verse of The Old Rugged Cross
1. I do have the rough audio of Sunday Night’s Q&A session, but I’m not sure yet that it’s useful for posting.
2. I am not sure how to improve video quality with the current equipment.
3. If you want to subscribe, here’s a list:
A. iTunes for audio subscription link is here.
B. General Audio RSS feed for other programs is here.
C. If you’re a Stitcher User, the link is here
D. For Youtube Video, subscribe here: https://www.youtube.com/user/dheagle93/
E. Some videos are up on Vimeo, but budget constraints have ended my posting to Vimeo for the time being.
4. Yes, I think I’m not getting a lot of plays on each service or hits on each blog, but in total it’s a decent reach. A social media expert might suggest changes, but this is free-to-cheap, where I have to live right now.
5. Each blog has a “Follow” button and a “Subscribe via Email” option