Sermon Recap for February 1
Good morning! Here are the sermons from yesterday. If you listen or watch, can you either leave a comment or shoot me a message if there are any quality issues? Working on some tech problems. Doug
Morning Sermon: Authority Mark 1:21-28 (audio)
First: the confrontation of the demonic. There is no power that Jesus fears nor cannot command; further He is in charge immediately…there is no need for Him to get up to speed.
Second: knowledge does not equal salvation/faith. The demon knows who Jesus is. He’s still doomed.
Jesus teaches with authority.
Jesus heals and delivers with authority.
Does anyone else?
No. Not anyone else.
What does this teach us?
What is authority? The right to instruct others about truth and demand they comply with it.
1. Who has authority? The Word of God—remember John 1!
2. Who does not have authority? Any thing, any one not the Word of God
3. Where does authority sit in the church? The Word of God
4. Where does authority sit in the life of believers? The Word of God
5. Where does authority sit in the world/created order? The Word of God
What do we do, then? We teach other people The Word of God. We do not attempt to take the authority that belongs to God alone. The Word, which we see in the inspired text of Scripture, is where all authority sits.
Not in you. Not in me. Not in some council or coalition, not in some college or convention, but in the Word of God.
Evening Sermon: John 1:14 (audio)
1. I do have the video of the presentation on Bible translations, but didn’t get it uploaded.
2. We use a set-place camera so that no one is spending church being a “cameraperson” instead of a participant.
3. If you want to subscribe, here’s a list:
A. iTunes for audio subscription link is here.
B. General Audio RSS feed for other programs is here.
C. If you’re a Stitcher User, the link is here
D. For Youtube Video, subscribe here: https://www.youtube.com/user/dheagle93/