My apologies for the morning sermon video. The camera I use is limited to an exact recording length, and I overshot that by a couple of minutes. In self-critique, I can see where I lost those minutes earlier in the sermon, but I can’t fix that now. Hopefully, there is still some value in watching it. The whole message is present on the audio.
Morning Sermon Audio link is here:
October 6 AM A Smashing Faith Judges 7:19-23
Setting of the Gideon Story
1. The gathered threat
A. To the faith
B. To the faithful
1. It is more likely that we are at risk than the Gospel message
2. Martyrdom is to be respected, not pursued
3. Stand for your fellow believers
2. The firm faithful
A. Never as many as you'd like
B. Always as many as you need
1. Not to attain the result you planned
2. Nor to attain, always, the result any other expert would present
C. Must be willing to trust
1. You must trust the faithful
2. The faithful must trust you
3. Do not allow the faithful to evade their calling
3. The bizarre plan
A. Not to fight flesh and blood
B. To let light shine
C. What is the weapon?
1. The Sword of YHWH!
2. Which is? Ephesians 6
4. The moment of truth
A. Smashing the jars
B. Shining forth the light
C. Signaling your commitment
Evening Audio is here:
October 6 PM Worship Acts Judges 6:11-27
Point: Those who claim to have an encounter with God do not spend all their time talking merely about that encounter. They rise up and take actions based on that encounter.
Having been in the presence of God is not a lightweight experience