Sermon Wrap-Up from October 21
Morning Sermon Podcast is up: http://bit.ly/RbZjju
Subject: A Parable about what God is not like
(What is this about?)
Central Theme: The Father
Every Christian Must Stay with the Father
1. The standard look at the story: Father, Older Son, Younger Son
2. Do not forget to look at the "citizens of the far country"
A. They welcome the younger son who is for their economy
B. But when judgment comes, the economy does not help, does it?
3. When he returns: he has nothing. All of the family's wealth belongs to the older son
4. When the Father dies, the older son could give his baby brother the boot
5. Fortunately, the Older Son is not like this one. The Older Son is One with the Father (John 10:30)
6. The Older Son came to the far country to find us
7. Still, though, all that is belongs to the Son and not to us
8. Our only resource is to stay in that relationship, stay close
9. Our only offering for the world around us is to bring them home
10. We cannot be attached to our far country that we live in.
1. Salvation: Come to the Father; leave the far country
2. Commitment to Prayer
3. Focus on the Kingdom
4. Live physically where you are but spiritually/morally/emotionally where you ought to be
5. Celebrate all who return