Ok, no week in review this week. Maybe next week. Instead, tonight we bring you:
So, here they are:
1. Anybody that said Fireproof was a badly made movie never watched the Scorpion King.
2. The Disney corporation has never let facts get in the way of telling a great story.
3. When you play Fantasy Golf, not taking Tiger Woods seems dumb. But then you take him, and he goes -2, par, -2 and is 7 strokes back!!
4. I can't pick fantasy baseball any better than I can pick the NCAA Tournament bracket. On the upside, I beat President Obama, even though he picked UNC, which was right, and I picked Gonzaga.
5. Why did pick Gonzaga anyway? I want to take some classes from them, but can't afford. Maybe I should make a bet with their admissions people...
6. An Easter egg hunt is no place to discuss rabbit hunting.
7. Speaking of the Masters, what happened to that whole thing about women members at Augusta National?
8. Computers sometimes miss the obvious.
9. I like my new Blackberry. I can email from my phone!
10. You get what you pay for, you get what you ask for. This is what's going on in politics...we got what we asked for, now we get to pay for it.
11. The NBA Playoffs and the NHL Playoffs are apparently around the same time. Does this diminish the likelihood of a Canadian Basketball team making the NBA Finals? Or just that nobody will care, eh?
12. Is it hard for anybody else to take Jim Carrey seriously about real issues? Even though he does have some interesting things to day?
13. Why is the C-130 the obligatory big airplane to get blown up in movies these days? Independence Day, Transformers, it's jet, jet, jet, Hercules...
14. If the upswing in autism isn't related to vaccines, then what is it related to? And shouldn't there be a little more credence given to the question? And maybe some research not funded by drug companies?
15. Are they lip-syncing in The Sound of Music?
16. Why does ABC always show The Ten Commandments Saturday before Easter? Is The Greatest Story Ever Told unavailable? Or is it for Passover?
17. You can't hold a laptop and a cat at the same time.
That's my random observations for the night...
The occasional thoughts of an ordinary man serving an extraordinary God. Come with me as we learn, teach, and laugh along the way.
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Sermon Recap for February 12 2023
Well, the writing rhythms haven't really been working for me, so I'm still trying to tinker with my daily/weekly habits to get it w...
Part I-Monday PM, sermon due for 3/8, PM Service First step should go without saying, but it will be mentioned, because it can't go with...
So I still, from time to time, get books to review. It works like this: I get a free book and agree to review it. Then I beg for an extensio...
Genesis 17 was yesterday's focus of Through the Whole Bible . In an earlier post , I had addressed some of the other factors of that ch...